Recipe from The Other Guy
Shrimp (U12/15 or U20/25 are suggested, appx 7-8 shrimp per person)
4-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
7-8 large shallots, sliced
2-3 boxes cherry tomatoes
8-10 large cloves of fresh garlic, sliced
Juice from 2-3 fresh lemons
1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
1 bottle fresh clam juice
Salt, black pepper to taste
• In a deep, large pan heat the olive oil, then add and sauté the garlic until lightly browned
• Next, add in the shallots until soft.
• After approximately 4-5 minutes add in cherry tomatoes. Allow all of it to cook on a low flame approximately 5-6 minutes and all should be ready.
• At that point add in the shrimp, clam and lemon juice. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
• Let it simmer on a medium flame for 5-10 minutes at which time the dish will almost be ready.
• Add fresh basil to the pan-minutes before you turn off stove.
• In a separate pot make rice as a base. Prepare white long-grain rice in a rice cooker.
• Plate several scoops of rice as a “bed” to each serving plate, place 6-8 shrimp atop rice and liberally drizzle the “sauce” over it.
• Add more chopped basil as a garnish. Serve and enjoy!
A nice accompaniment to this delicious dish is a fresh mixed salad using your favorite greens
or a “Insalato Misto” as we say in Italian.
Original Post https://thenewyorkmafia.com/scampi-alla-napolitani/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=scampi-alla-napolitani