The Day Jimmy Hoffa Didn’t Come Home: July 30, 1975 Mob Murder Mystery Timeline

July 30, 2019 – Teamsters boss Jimmy Hoffa disappeared 44 years ago today. His kidnapping and murder have become steeped in mythology ever since, the quintessential American unsolved mystery and an urban legend that spans cities and generations like few others, if any, in history. Hoffa vanished from a Bloomfield Township, Michigan restaurant’s parking lot en route to a lunch meeting with Detroit mob street boss Anthony (Tony Jack) Giacalone and New Jersey mafia capo Anthony (Tony Pro) Provenzano of New York’s Genovese crime family to discuss labor union business, specifically Hoffa’s desire to reclaim the Teamsters presidency which he gave up years earlier as a means of getting his prison sentence for bribery and jury tampering shortened via a commutation by the Nixon White House. The problem was that Hoffa’s former benefactors in the mob didn’t want him back in office. The Jimmy Hoffa Murder Timeline July 30, 1975 6:00 a.m. – Lenny Schultz opens the Southfield Athletic Club, the Giacalone brothers headquarters and Schultz’s family-owned business, located in the first floor of the Traveler’s Tower office building at the corner of Evergreen and 11 Mile Road, less than 5 miles outside of Detroit’s city limits 6:30 a.m. – Hoffa awakes at his Orion Township home, which rested on Square Lake, goes into his kitchen and reads the newspaper, before eating breakfast with his wife Jo on the deck outside 7:45 a.m. – Hoffa speaks on the telephone with New York Teamsters Local President for a half hour about strategy for his forthcoming sit down with Tony Pro 8:45 a.m. – Hoffa’s surrogate son Chuckie O’Brien, a Teamsters executive who he was feuding with, is dropped off at Local 299 on Trumbull Ave in Southwest Detroit. 9:00 a.m. – Hoffa chats with his 10-year old male neighbor as he is watering his grass 10:30 a.m.- Billy Giacalone leaves his eastside residence and quickly loses a pair of surveillance units (one federal, one state) assigned to keep tabs on his whereabouts – he’s not “picked up” again by either unit until dinner time 11:00 a.m. – Tony Giacalone arrives at the Southfield Athletic Club 12:00 p.m. – Chuckie O’Brien takes possession of Tony Jack’s son, Joseph (Joey Jack) Giacalone’s brand new 1975 maroon-colored Mercury Marquis in order to deliver a 40-pound freshwater salmon sent from a Seattle Teamsters president as a present to Local 299 VP and staunch Hoffa loyalist Bobby Holmes 12:30 p.m. – Tony Jack goes for massage at Southfield Athletic Club 12:45 p.m. – Hoffa, who has spent the late morning and early afternoon watching television and doung crossword puzzles with his wife at home, talks to a friend in a local painters union in Hazel Park on the phone hoping to arrange yardwork to be done at his residence that upcoming weekend 12:50 p.m. – O’Brien arrives at Holmes’ house in the Metro Detroit westside suburb of Novi and gives the giant fish to Holmes’ wife, helping her chop it up into individual salmon steaks before departing . 1:00 p.m. – Hoffa leaves his home for the Red Fox sitdown, tells his wife he’ll return by 4:00 p.m. and will cook her a steak dinner on the grill 1:15 p.m. – O’Brien takes Joey Jack’s Mercury Marquis to a car wash in Farmington, Michigan, to clean it of the fish blood that had dripped on the backseat interior of the vehicle in the process of delivering it 1:30 p.m. – Hoffa stops at a limousine-rental business Airport Service Lines in Pontiac on his way to the Red Fox to see ASI’s owner Louis (Louie the Pope) Linteau, a longtime Hoffa ally and former Teamsters Local chief in Pontiac, a hardscrabble, working-class community directly north of glitzy Bloomfield Hills and Bloomfield Twp – Linteau is away at lunch and Hoffa leaves a message with his secretary telling him he’s going to meet Tony Jack, Tony Pro and Lenny Schultz at Red Fox in Bloomfield Twp at 2:00 1:45 p.m. – Tony Provenzano is seen playing cards at his Teamsters union hall in New Jersey 2:00 p.m. – Hoffa arrives at the Machus Red Fox, located at the forefront of a shopping mall bordering Telegraph Rd, one of the area’s busiest thoroughfares – he speaks to numerous people, a hostess, a waitress and several patrons and well-wishers. 2:15 p.m. – O’Brien arrives at the Southfield Athletic Club with a freshly-cleaned Mercury Marqus, deliveringTony Jack a present for his grandkid’s communion 2:25 p.m. – Tony Jack goes to the barber shop at the Southfield Athletic Club for a haircut and manicure 2:30 p.m. – A visibly-frustrated Hoffa leaves the Red Fox, realizing he’s been stood up and heads towards a nearby hardware store, right behind the Red Fox in the shopping plaza, to use the pay phone, where he calls Linteau first and then his wife to inform them that Tony Jack, Tony Pro and Schultz were no-shows and that he was going home 2:45 p.m. – En route to his green-colored Pontiac sedan from the hardware store pay phone – roughly a 30 yard walk, Hoffa is witnessed speaking to three unidentified males in a car matching the description of Joey Jack’s Mercury Marquis and then getting into the car with them and driving off onto Telegraph Rd. 2:50 p.m. – Tony Jack leaves the Southfield Athletic club for a meeting with his attorney Bernie Humphrey on the 4th floor of the Traveler’s Tower, meaning he just had to go out the athletic club’s frontdoor and up four floors in the elevator 2:55 p.m. – The 62-year old Hoffa is killed, the common theory being with two bullets to the back of the head, at a secured private residence nearby the Red Fox (most likely at Detroit mobster Carlo Licata’s house at 680 W. Long Lake Rd., a spot two miles away and somewhere Hoffa had met at with Tony Jack to talk business prior) 3:30 p.m. – Hoffa’s body is probably incinerated at Central Sanitation, a trash company owned by Detroit mafia lieutenants and Hoffa pals Peter (Bozzi) Vitale and Raffaele (Jimmy Q) Quasarano and suspiciously burnt to the ground in the aftermath of the Hoffa disappearance 3:50 p.m. – Tony Jack returns to the Southfield Athletic Club and sets up shop at his favorite table at the club’s grille. 4:30 p.m. – An FBI surveillance unit follows Detroit mob “acting” boss, Giacomo (Black Jack) Tocco from his Melrose Linen Co. office to Southfield Athletic Club where meets behind closed doors with Tony Jack and Little Lenny Schultz – Tocco, who would be upped to official don in 1979, and Tony Jack, the day-to-day overseer of syndicate activities from the early 1960s into the start of the New Millennium, are thought by the FBI to have been the two men assigned to plan and coordinate Hoffa’s murder 5:30 p.m. – Billy Jack is “back on the grid,” seen scooping his brother Tony at the Southfield Athletic Club and going to dinner 7:00 p.m. – Hoffa’s wife Joe calls Louie Linteau worried because Hoffa hadn’t returned from his meeting at the Red Fox 9:30 – Linteau phones Tony Jack at his home and asks what happened at the meeting, to which Tony Jack responded by saying he had no such meeting and had been at the Southfield Athletic Club all day, per usual Next Day Bonus Timeline July 31, 1975 6:45 a.m. – Louie Linteau calls Tony Jack to tell him Hoffa never came home, Tony Jack comments “Maybe he took a little trip.” 7:45 a.m. – Linteau goes to Red Fox to find Hoffa’s abandoned car, his registered firearm left inside. 10:00 a.m.- Linteau and Jo Hoffa go to Bloomfield Twp. Police Department and file a missing persons report 12:00 p.m. – Linteau gets into fight with O’Brien on the phone when he informs him of Hoffa’s disappearance 9:00 p.m. – Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. kicks O’Brien out of the Hoffa family home, accusing him of being somehow involved in his dad’s kidnapping

This article was originally posted here